Ah, you who join house to house, who add field to field, until there is room for no one but you, and you are left to live alone in the midst of the land! The Lord of hosts has sworn in my hearing: Surely many houses shall be desolate, large and beautiful houses, without inhabitant….But the Lord of hosts is exalted by justice…
- visions United Methodist Churches that are inclusive of all persons, particularly LGBTQ+ persons in the life and ministry of the church.
- seeks to improve the quality of life for the most vulnerable of Montgomery County residents by providing basic services and advocating on their behalf.
- equips and transform people and places for God’s mission around the world.
- works to eliminate poverty housing.
- operates as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency and a non-sectarian interfaith coalition of more than 165 affiliated congregations of diverse faiths, working together to meet the needs of the poor and homeless in Montgomery County, Maryland.
- strives to eliminate hunger in Montgomery County, Maryland.
- improves the health of low-income people who face the greatest barriers to care access
- provides solutions to end homelessness in Montgomery County. Their vision is to build a community where everyone has a safe, stable, and affordable place to call home.
- commits to intersectional justice across and beyond the United Methodist Church connection, working for the full participation of all LGBTQ+ people throughout the life and the leadership of the Church.
- offers three locations in the Baltimore-Washington area with spectacular views, wonderful service and a place to renew your spirit, grow in friendships and have fun.
- provides emergency financial assistance and other aids as needed to residents of Rockville, Maryland.
- alleviates human suffering around the globe. UMCOR’s work includes programs and projects in disaster response, health, sustainable agriculture, food security, relief supplies, and more. UMCOR’s work reaches people in more than 80 countries, including the United States. They provide humanitarian relief when war, conflict, or natural disaster disrupt life to such an extent that communities are unable to recover on their own.